Sargentville Chapel History by Leroy Chatto and Catharine Marston (REL.1)
Chapel photos and a booklet by Leroy Chatto and Catharine Marston describing the history of the Sargentville Chapel
The Sargentville Chapel
These are photos taken over the years of the Sargentville Chapel. They are followed by a history written by Catharine Clapp Sargent Marston and Leroy Chatto.
The Chapel was built in 1889/90 and dedicated in 1891. It was built to provide a more convenient site for services, meetings and other community activities that had previously been held in schoolhouse number 3.
Initially the Chapel door faced onto Harding Lane but early on it was moved to its present position facing Reach Road.
The following is a history of the Sargentville Chapel with text by Catharine Clapp Sargent Marston and Leroy Chatto, reprinted by Winfield Chatto in 1984.